12.02.2010

reverb10: day 2

REVERB10 : Prompt 2 : WRITING

Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author Leo Babauta of Zen Habits)

Too much time on social media and web surfing. Too much time in front of the television at night instead of writing. Mainly though, too much thinking. When I sit down to post, I often over think even the most simple topics. Posting online at times gives me a minor case of performance anxiety. Will anyone read this? Is it as humorous to others as it sounds in my head? I need to focus less on perfection and more on just typing it out, sending it out and letting it go.

1 comments:

Jes said...

i have the same problem... wanting to tell the perfect story, but ultimately it either doesn't make it to the journal/blog or it's chicken scratch somewhere for me to *hopefully* get into some form of real journaling... i've been trying to re-think my priorities as well, way too much computer time here. i figured, when she naps, i'll get on and check my messages, then the next thing i know she's awake and i haven't done anything constructive! :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails